Workshop Dates for the month:
Thursday, January 14th from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Monday, January 25th from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Skill level: Beginner
How well can you sew a straight line? In this beginner class we will be focusing on getting comfortable with controlling your sewing machine. You will leave with a better understanding of sewing machine parts, controlling speed and stitch types.
Project: Design your own tote bag. Why a tote bag? Mastering how to sew a straight line will take you to the next level in your sewing adventures. Plus, totes bags are a cute and functional accessory that can be utilized by women and men. A tote bag does not have to just be a blank canvas. Experiment with color combinations, patterns and more!
Things to know before class:
- Don't stress about sewing. You can do this!!!!
- You will have fun. I promise!
- 3 students per class
- Students are responsible for their own fabrics and thread
- We highly suggest you come with your own sewing kit, but basic tools will be provided for use during the class
- Sewing machines will be provided upon request
- If you are bringing your own sewing machine please schedule a time to meet with LaToya in preparation for class
- An email will be sent out to each student after sign up with more details
Sewing Class Disclaimer:
*All sales are final. A one time credit will be given to students that can not make it to class due to an emergency. Cancellations must be made prior to the start of class. Students will then have the opportunity to participate in the next available sewing class.
*Those using sewing equipment and other tools during the class are participating at their own risk. We ask that all students respect the tools being used and all safety recommendations while in class. Omni Chic is not responsible for any injuries made while sewing.