Workshop Dates for the month:
Saturday, January 16th from 10:00am - 1:00pm
Skill level: Beginner
Do you know how to read a sewing pattern? In this beginner class students will create their own sewing pattern using proper tools and markings. You will leave with a better understanding of a basic pattern and important terms.
Project: Design your own Apron. Why an Apron? An apron is a great project for learning how to read a pattern because it does not require advanced techniques to achieve amazing results. Plus, aprons can be functional and fashionable projects that can be utilized by women and men. Do not be afraid to experiment with color combinations, patterns and more!
Things to know before class:
- We suggest you take Sewing 100 or Sewing 101 before taking this class
- Don't stress about sewing. You can do this!!!!
- You will have fun. I promise!
- 2 students per class
- Students are responsible for their own sewing materials
- We highly suggest you come with your own sewing kit, but basic tools will be provided for use during the class
- Sewing machines will be provided upon request
- If you are bringing your own sewing please be prepared to come to class 10 minutes early for set up
- An email will be sent out to each student after sign up with more details
Sewing Class Disclaimer:
*All sales are final. A one time credit will be given to students that can not make it to class due to an emergency. Cancellations must be made prior to the start of class. Students will then have the opportunity to participate in the next available sewing class.
*Those using sewing equipment and other tools during the class are participating at their own risk. We ask that all students respect the tools being used and all safety recommendations while in class. Omni Chic is not responsible for any injuries made while sewing.
*We have policies in place that adhere to CDC guidelines to protect students from Covid 19 during class. MASKS ARE REQUIRED. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. Students shall remain 6 feet apart during sessions. Hand sanitizer will be available at all times.